So, the countdown has begun.
It’s only 178 days until my 30th birthday.
Now before everyone accuses of me being overly dramatic, (which I am), or begins to convince me that 30 is the new 20, (which I’m sure it is,) I feel the need to point out something.
I have enjoyed my 20’s so much. I had babies and got married, and start writing again. I’m finally comfortable in my own skin even if I occasionally I complain that there’s too much of it. This decade has been good to me. So good.
Leaving it behind is bound to be a little sad.
And yes, I’m also overly dramatic.
That’s not new information.
So in the spirit of preparing to leave one awesome decade in the pursuit of a hopefully better one, I have devised a 30 before 30 list of sorts.
However instead of a random collection of activities I feel like I should check off my list, this is different. This is about finishing on a string note, ready to start on an even better one.
The plan is this: I’ve got 26 weeks till my birthday; just under six months. (It was my half birthday on Saturday in case you were too self involved to notice.)
This gives me about a week to do everything on the list. 30 things in 26 weeks. To keep me accountable, I’ve made a button and hashtag, so you can check in on me on Instagram and Face Book.
So with no further Ramblings,
Jess’ Countdown to Extreme Awesomness.
- Learn the piano
- Make a new friend- a good one. Like a bosom buddy type thing. Any takers?
- Publish my book. Finally
- Rebrand Diary of a SAHM post publication of said book. I have ideas. It’s gonna be awesome.
- Discover what the smell in the bathroom is.
- Go viral on You Tube. Or my version of viral at least.
- Get 1500 Facebook likers. I think this is doable in 6 months.
- Tone up my granny arms.
- Finish the anniversary quilt. Preferably before Christmas.
- Save $500 ALL BY MYSELF. A tough one cause I have no income.
- Learn how to use Photo Shop
- Convince Boatman to buy my Photo Shop.
- Create a vlog style cooking show. Move over Peter Brussels Sprout
- Clean out the bathroom cupboard.
- Catch a barramundi
- Not break any more toes
- Not sprain any more ankles. (They needed to be separate points. I’m a bit of a klutz.)
- Live by my new motto: “Less Frazzle, more Dazzle.”
- Spend less time playing stupid games on my phone, and more time on twitter. Yes, seriously. I want to engage on a more personal level with the amazing blogging community.
- Focus on what’s important.
- Learn how to fold a fitted sheet really well.
- Put all the photos in photo albums.
- Discover something amazing.
- Write a blog post that inspires.
- Wear yellow eyeshadow as well as Daisy.
- Not fall off my step whilst aerobicising.
- Discover how to spell aerobicising so I don’t get the little red squiggles under it.
- Proof read my text messages/status updates/IG captions/tweets. I refuse to be Auto Correct’s victim any longer!
- Send happy birthday messages on Facebook.
- Make a difference.
So there you have it: 30 steps to a more awesome Jess.
Coming your way in 178 days or fewer.