Thursday is not off to a great start.
In fact to be perfectly honest, Thursday is hurting my feelings. This is possibly due to the time of the month and an excess of hormones that are making everything seem offensive, and me want to drown myself in a box of Magnum Ego’s, but I’m also just blaming Thursday.
Cause I can.
Why is Thursday being evil I hear you ask?
Well it started off too early for one thing. Being woken by a 2 year old because she can’t find her Cuski, and then providing her with said Cuski, but not the right one, only to be screamed at, is not the nicest thing to deal with.
Especially when she backs it up with ‘I did a poo. Can you wipe my bottom?’
Sure. Why not?
So I eventually drag myself out of bed, go to the bathroom, and for a few moments, I have hope. Because I am literally having the best hair day ever. My bed head literally looks like something someone out of The Hills would wake up with.
Case in point.
Facebook confirmed that this meant good things for the day.
Facebook, you were wrong.
The following hour looked like this.
- Me trying to write a to-do list for the day
- Me getting despondent over amount of items on said to-do list. Inlcuding grocery shopping, washing and ironing
- Bailey deliberately taking every toy Ava might be interested in, then screaming when she steals it off him
- Ava chasing Bailey around the house trying to cut off his head (well by the sounds of it, I’m sure that’s what the neighbours thought)
- Taylah deciding she had some weird toe condition that made her foot hurt. I’m as confused as you
- Bridie’s ear leaking copious amounts of puss
- Bailey not getting ready for school cause he wants to feed the cat, which is Bridie’s job
- Taylah telling Bridie off for not feeding the cat yet
- Bridie asking Bailey to feed the cat, and him now saying no
- Taylah yelling at Bridie for trying to palm off said cat feeding responsibilities
- Ava screaming at me because I won’t let her snatch the doll of Bailey
- Bridie screaming at Taylah because Taylah fed the cat
- Me yelling at Taylah because she told Bridie off and then took over
- Ava still screaming about who knows what
- Bailey crying cause he is stuck in his shirt
- Me wondering if I can give them all away and just write all day
So really, just an average morning.
The main frustration was that there was a school assembly this morning, and I had received an email saying one of the kids was getting an award. Whilst I think this is great, and I love being able to be there, with three kids getting awards, and then leading assemblies, and the odd dress up day in between, I feel like I spend every thursday morning at school, sitting in the heat, being an obligatory good mum. Some days the only thing that gets me through is giggling about Georgia and her school assemblies where she tries to illicit alcohol from minors.
This morning, I was really wondering if I could just skip it. I’m busy, it’s hot, and I was just there last week!
Except the problem is, I was just there last week.
When Bailey and Taylah got an award, so by deduction I know it’s going to be Bridie today. And if any of my offspring need encouragement in the academic setting it is her.
So I sucked it in, and toughed it out. Took my perfect bed hair which was now no longer perfect cause I had to have a shower, cause I live in the tropics and I didn’t have one last night, and seriously no one wants to sit next to a sweaty, smelly, cranky, hormonal, chocolate craving mum.
I sat in the heat, with the sweat pouring down my bosom….. wow that sentence started going somewhere really creepy…
Anyway, I did the good mum thing.
It would have been an even better mum thing had Ava not been playing on my phone and I got a photo of Bridie, because the look on her face made it all worth it. She was so proud. It means so much to her when the teacher sees her effort, and it’s been stellar of late.
She sat on the stage and smiled at me, her happy, proud smile, and I knew that me being there was the right thing. Better than my awesome hair, and much more important than my to-do list.
So I guess I’ll forgive Thursday after all.
And go do the washing. *sigh*
How’s your day going?